To stimulate extensive growth in the textile industry, SGCCI has initiated Global Fabric Resource & Research Centre (GFRCC), which carries distinguished and extensive collection of fabrics from around the world, making GFRRC a centre for innovation and ideations for textile businesses. For textile traders and weavers, it serves as a comprehensive solution, introducing them to bring up new markets and new product launches. The center lso provides information on the various fabrics’ composition along with technical details and the market potential, to the weavers, processors, and traders. GFRRC holds displays of fabrics, that are sourced globally, also showcasing the technical details of the products alongside, so that weavers can gain knowledge about the fabrics and embed these to their product lines. This aids in boosting up the business while opening doors to new markets and export possibilities.
Principle Objectives of GFRRC:
- To create awareness amongst weavers, knitters, processors and traders of Surat regarding globally best-in-class technology, innovations, quality and trends in Textiles.
- To provide a platform for exhibiting fabrics produced by local weavers, knitters, processors and traders on a continuous basis.
- To facilitate sourcing of fabric samples from global players and display them by importing world class fabric samples manufactured at various countries to guide Surat textile industry.
- To provide R&D support like pilot facilities for weaving and processing to develop new and innovative fabric being used globally along with test and analysis centre.
- To develop a brand for Surat as a manufacturing Hub of globally best in class fabric.
- To network with global research institutions.
- To present export business opportunities to traders by arranging media shows of branded fashion designers’ sarees & dresses.
- To develop the garment sector in Surat.
- To showcase latest in technology & applications by arranging technical workshops, seminars & conferences for Surat textile industry.
- To provide market intelligence of fabrics used overseas.
- To create platform of interaction with experts, scientists, technocrats, Govt. agencies in textiles and garments.