To keep pace with the changing economic scenario, a need was felt to build a world class convention center Surat, which could provide a platform to organize exhibition, trade shows, buyer-seller meets and seminars. The Surat International Exhibition and Convention Center (SIECC) was initiated to address this need.
The Government of Gujarat allotted 1,30,000 square meters of land to develop SIECC at Sarsana, Surat.
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, has allotted a grant under the Industrial Infrastructure Upgradation Scheme(IIUS) to develop such a facility on a scale that will be appropriate for all new and modern metropolis which are being implemented by Sar Infracon.
SIECC is the pride of India. It is a state of art convention center equipped with all modern amenities. SIECC was inaugurated by the then Honourable Chief Minister of Gujarat, Shree Narendra Modi, in early 2010.
- Column-free and multi-use 10,600 square meters space for exhibition
- Tremix flooring
- Height-17 meters in the center sloping to 6.5 meters
- Open stage/public plaza for concert and performances
- RCC roads
- 24/7 security with CCTV camera
- 4 seminar halls capacity of 50 to 150 person
- Medical room
- Organizer’s office
- Administrator’s office
- Vip lounge
- Travel desk
- Meeting room
- Press lounge
- Bank and ATM center
- Cars – 750
- Three wheelers – 100
- Two wheelers – 3000
- Taxis – 50
- Trailer trucks and containers – 15
- Delivery vehicles-tempos – 50
- From Airport – 7km
- From Railway station – 15km
- From NH 8 – 20km