South Gujarat Productivity Council (SGPC) was established on 25th May, 1992, by Southern Gujarat Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SGCCI) to create quality consciousness amongst manufactures and workers by means of seminars and workshops. It is a non-profit organization that aims to promote productivity, quality, and competitiveness in businesses, and industries in the South Gujarat region. SGPC is India’s 49th council, affiliated to National Productivity Council, New Delhi
Aims and Objectives of SGPC:
- To encourage and promote productivity improvement programs in industries and businesses in South Gujarat.
- To provide training and education programs to enhance the skills and knowledge of the region’s workers, managers, and entrepreneurs.
- To organize seminars, workshops, exhibitions and conferences on productivity-related topics to create awareness and disseminate information.
- To conduct research studies on productivity issues and disseminate the findings to industry
- To recognize and reward organizations and individuals who have demonstrated excellence in productivity and quality improvement.
- To collaborate with other national and international productivity organizations to exchange knowledge and best practices.